I’m 26 weeks into this pregnancy and there are a few things from my pre-pregnant life that I miss terribly. I didn’t even know that I cared about half of this stuff until now! Kweli, kweli, you truly don’t know what you got ‘til it’s gone, word to Janet Jackson.
Disclaimer (for the Mommy Police): I am thankful and incredibly blessed to be pregnant and healthy. I am super excited to be carrying this baby inside of me and do not take this for granted at all.
Still, there are some things that I would commit minor crimes to be able to enjoy right about now. There are some things that my body is calling for, word to R. Kelly.
All of the things that I can’t have while pregnant have been denied to me either by hormones, the physical realities of pregnancy, or the unquenchable desire by doctors to make pregnancy as wearisome as possible.
And here they are: a list of 10 things that I miss the most right now…
- WINE (I’m tormented by fake memories of myself, poised elegantly on an all-white sofa, sipping on a giant, Olivia Pope-worthy, glass of wine)
- Being able to look down and see my vagina when naked (Yes, you can actually miss the sight of your own vagina. And if it wasn’t for my towering boobs I might have begun to question my gender orientation at this point)
- Sleeping on my tummy
- Having the energy to do anything after 7pm
- Sushi (doctors advise against any uncooked meat and yet SUSHI IS ONE OF MY STRONGEST CRAVINGS RIGHT NOW)
- The missionary position (this is the most underrated sex position of all time and now it’s out of the question because of my bump. This baby is literally getting in the way of my sex life!)
- High waist pencil skirts (I don’t have a waist anymore. So.)
- Feeling emotionally stable (Hormones have made me irritable, hypersensitive and emotional. And that’s when I’m rested and well-fed)
- Feeling sexy (I low key hate all of you non-pregnant women, with your sexy vixen selves, walking around in flirty dresses and peep-toe heels)
- W. I . N . E .
14 weeks left to go…but something tells me that I’ll get all sentimental about pregnancy during the final stretch (hormones!) and get all weepy as I think of all the things that I’ll miss about pregnancy. Somebody please remind me about this post as soon as that bout of insanity hits me!